September 5, 2008

Yummy Recipe!

Here is a recipe that I took and modified from Redbook. It turned out very well. Ryan and I just shared a piece, and we both liked it.

Chicken Spinach Lasagna Casserole
ingredients:
1 10 oz package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
2 cups grated cheese (I used mozzarella and provolone, but the recipe called for cheddar)
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
1/3 cup mayonnaise
6 lasagna noodles, cooked (I think I used 8)
1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated

Preheat oven to 350.

In a large bowl combine spinach, chicken, 2 cups grated cheese, cornstarch, salt, pepper, soy sauce, soup, sour cream, and mayonnaise. Put a layer of noodles in the bottom of a greased lasagna pan. Spread half of the spinach mixture over noodles. Place another layer of noodles over the top and cover with the remaining spinach mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. (Recipe says to top with pecans, but I didn't do this. Or I think a layer of bread crumbs would be nice too!) Bake for 1 hour.

You can make this recipe a bit more healthy by substituting low fat products for some ingredients.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...