September 5, 2008

So Early!

Why oh why won't my child sleep?  I don't know the answer to this question.  A few posts back I mentioned that he was waking up at 5 a.m.  He was cutting his front tooth, and things went back to normal after that happened.  That wasn't all that bad compared to what he's doing now.  Now he will not sleep through the night.  Wake up times are usually around 1 a.m. (although sometimes he just does this one at 10 p.m.) and then up for good at 4:00 a.m.  I am not starting my day at 4:00 a.m.  Sometimes he changes things up a little.  Today he slept till 5 a.m., but did wake up at 1:00 a.m too.  I'm getting exhausted.  Yesterday was a very cranky day for him too.  It seems like teething, but I don't think he has any more teeth coming in.  I've pushed his bed time back as far as he'll let me, and still no help.  I know this will change soon, but I don't want him forming a bad habit.  I'm crossing my fingers that things go back to normal as soon as possible.  

**Updated:  He may actually be getting the teeth beside his top front two.  We'll see.  If he is, I hope they come fast so that he'll sleep well soon.  

A separate topic:  One of my favorite things to talk about with Pat during deployments is future plans.  In some ways when he's gone my future is on hold.  It feels like the future is the common thread that we can both relate to.  I like to make plans even if they are far fetched and may not actually happen.  I think our planning for the future brings us closer and shows us what a great team we are.  I spend my evenings doing research and daydreaming, and it certainly helps me pass time.  No matter what the future brings, I look forward to it.    

2 comments:

Devon said...

Michelle! Do all you can to keep everything quiet and lowkey when he wakes up that early, so it doesn't become a habit. Lucas did that around the same time, and he would typically go back to sleep if he ate (milk). It didn't last forever though!

Shelly said...

Yes, it's always just me and him awake at these early morning hours so the house is very quiet. He nurses and nurses, but no more sleep. If it's super early, I do put him back in the crib. He just cries and cries and stands at the side of the crib. He's persistent and stubborn like his parents and can easily scream for an hour. Sometimes I get lucky and he'll fall asleep for a half hour. I'm thinking it may be his teeth coming in because that has always bothered his sleep. Hopefully these next two teeth get in fast!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...