August 25, 2011

Listen To Your Momma

It's been one of those weeks.  Actually, I'm not sure I've had one of these weeks before.  I guess you could say I'm at the end of my rope.  I've been there before, but usually it is because I'm lacking patience.   That isn't the case this time.  I've been very patient with the kids.   The problem is neither of my boys is listening to me.

I mean they are really not listening at all.  If I say something, they do the exact opposite.  They are going above and beyond to push the limits.  It's pretty much driving me mad.   I feel like it should be Friday already.

I've made sticker charts for the boys to help them behave.  It was my last hope for getting through this week.  Thankfully Ryan does not like when Momma puts "frowny faces" on his board, so it is starting to work.  Sean on the other hand doesn't care too much about the stickers, and really I think he's just trying to assert his new found independence.  Unfortunately he doesn't understand that there are times and places for all things, and listening to Momma is the number one rule.  I keep telling myself this is just a phase.  I hope they both outgrow it soon.
   
I'm thinking I may need to fit in some me time this weekend.  Maybe I'm in need of a pedicure.  A girl can dream...

Shelly

1 comment:

Kerry said...

I hope you find that 'me' time this weekend Shelly!
We could all do with it from time to time (everyday lol)
Kids must all be wired the same way!!
Grab a nice coffee whilst you have that pedicure (or wine) hehehe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...