February 22, 2011

Menu Board Craft

Sometimes I like to browse the internet looking for new crafts.  Since my crafting skills are limited, there aren't too many crafts I feel confident that I can replicate.  I saw a few different versions of menu boards online and really wanted to make one.  I even found a suggestion in my Real Simple Magazine.

You'll need a picture frame with the glass.  I chose a 12x12 so that there would be no cutting involved, and I needed enough room for the days of the week to all fit.

Select a piece of scrapbooking paper.  Remember if you get the 12X12 frame there is no cutting ;)
I cut the words/letters from cardstock with my Cricut and added a few embellishments.  You have so many choices on how to make yours unique and to coordinate to your kitchen.

Then you place it in the frame and use dry erase markers to make your menu for the week.  A tissue wipes the marker off the glass, and you can use it to plan out every week.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I have been planning on doing a menu board for awhile. Yours looks very cute!

Unknown said...

Cute! I love finding things to make on the internet:)

Anonymous said...

What a great idea!

Lisa said...

That is a really good idea!

Jessica said...

What a fabulous idea!
Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...