April 24, 2013

Taco Melts

I found a new recipe that has quickly become a favorite in my house.  I first saw it from Betty Crocker's Dinner Made Easy e-mails.  I adapted it slightly.  Here are the details:

Ingredients
1 Package Grands Biscuits (you can use the low fat ones if you like)
1 lb. ground turkey or beef cooked and seasoned with taco seasoning as directed on seasoning
1 cup shredded cheese of your choice
1 jar salsa
sour cream or greek yogurt for dipping if desired.

Make the taco meat as directed by the seasoning package.

Press each biscuits flat into a roughly 6" circles on a greased baking sheet.

Scoop some of the taco meat into the center of the flat biscuit.  Add a tablespoon of salsa and a sprinkling of cheese.  Fold the biscuit over filling and press to seal the edges.

Bake 375 for about 12 minutes.

Use remaining salsa for dipping.  I like to use greek yogurt (or sour cream) for dipping too.

 It's the same idea as a pizza pocket but made with taco ingredients.

Just a couple notes:
You could probably add some corn in with the taco meat.
Don't worry if the edges don't completely seal.  As the biscuit puffs up and cooks it seems to make a good seal by itself.  I've never had an issue with the filling spilling out.
These are surprisingly filling.  I hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Ooh good idea with the taco! I've done pizza ones and used sandwich meat and shredded cheese, but not taco meat yet. I'll have to try this soon!!

Brianna Renee said...

Yum. I'm going to have to add this to our "Taco Tuesday" list of options...it's a thing in our house

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...