April 12, 2013

Friday Randoms

Just after I wrote this post about being overwhelmed and feeling like Pat isn't home enough to keep the household running smoothly with me, Pat arrived home from work to tell me that he'll be away for 7 weeks this summer.  Yes, yes, I know it's better than a deployment, but this was supposed to be a job assignment that gave lots of family time.  In reality, not so much.  I'm not too upset, because I expected him to be gone for a month this summer, so it's only 3 additional weeks.  I cannot say how thankful I am to be living near family now though.  Pat's long absences are getting hard for the kids.  Sean really took Pat's last trip hard, and it was only 2 weeks.

Poor Sammy, the pug.  Last night we took his bandage off and his nail seems to be infected.  He'll be making a trip back to the vet again today=my poor wallet.

Many mornings start with the boys squabbling.  The other morning though the boys were perfect angels watching the ipad.  Would you believe me if I told you they were watching My Little Pony?  They definitely were.

Leah is pulling up to stand all the time now.  I'm so not ready for this.  I hate the phase where the kids are learning to be mobile because it usually means that there will also be falls.    
The other night I made lasagna.  I love making and of course eating lasagna, but the kids sometimes don't like to eat "messy" foods.  Thankfully that night it was a hit.
And I mean a hit with everyone!  You can tell she liked it if it's all over her face.  When she isn't into a food she just won't touch it at all.
I've been so thankful for the warm weather.  Some days on the way home from school we stop at the playground around the corner from our house.  The boys love it, and Leah and I enjoy the fresh air too.

Looking at these pictures I feel so lucky for this beautiful family.  I just want to soak up all this precious time with my kids.  I have been so truly blessed.  

Happy Weekend!    

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a sweet post. I especially love the photos of your kids. they're so cute. I know how you feel about hating when they start standing;so many falls come shortly after.
Your lasagne looks so great I can almost smell and taste it. Drats! Now I have to go to the store. I have to make some, of course. Have an awesome day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...