August 1, 2012

Hair Bow Holder Inspired by Pinterest

Since my house hasn't sold yet, I haven't been able to create the nursery for my baby girl.  I've decided I won't wait any longer to show you one of the decor pieces I made to hang in her room though.  I am so anxious to decorate her room.
*****
When I found out Leah was going to be a girl, I had an opportunity to explore a world I had yet to experience.  It is a world that includes pink, ruffles, and bows.

I knew I wanted to make a hair bow holder for Leah's room so I searched Pinterest.  I quickly found this PIN and knew I wanted to make one like it.  By the way, this pin is rather popular as my copy of it has been re-pinned 1281 times and counting.

So here is how I made mine.

I bought a plain wood frame (without glass) from Hobby Lobby and spray painted it white.

Then my husband and I stapled some ribbon on the inside of the frame.  It was rather comical the two of us trying to do the math to make everything even.  My husband likes to claim that I am not good at math, but I'm the one that got the right equation.

After that I had my husband put the hooks on the bottom of the frame to hang headbands.  He recommends doing this before stapling the ribbon though so you can get a better grip.  I would also recommend drawing a line in pencil on the frame so the hooks are all even.

Lastly, I added a ladybug wood cutout from Hobby Lobby to decorate it a bit more and put some bows I had made for Leah on it.  Hopefully soon we'll be able to hang it on the wall in her new room at a new house.  (I'm just holding it on the wall for the picture, so don't mind my hand.)

Hopefully I'll be able to show you the entire nursery and all the other crafts soon!

Linking up:

3 comments:

The Fischer Family said...

Super cute Shelly!!! Don't you love ladybugs?!? There is something so happy about them! Can't wait to see the rest of Leah's room!!!

Unknown said...

Nice. I like your writing. We are China's leading Ribbon Manufacturer mainly specialized in Grosgrain Ribbon, Satin Ribbon and Organza Ribbon. Our customers include LV, Dior, Wrights, Disney and many more brands. Get Discount Ribbon with 33% off by clicking: http://www.yamaribbon.com/index.php/gallery-98. Limited Quantity Sale, chance comes only onece!

Unknown said...

Valuable information ..I am delighted to read this article..thank you for sharing. Do you make them using these Printed Ribbon from Yama? I like them either. I usually Wholesale Ribbon from them. It's a great choice.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...