Over the past month, many bloggers were writing about their weight loss attempts and successes. A lot of people referenced Weight Watchers. I've obviously heard of it before, and in fact had done some research into it in the past. I knew I wanted to lose some weight, but it really all came together one night when Pat came home from work. We were talking about the blogs I read. He said he wanted to do a diet plan, and I suggested we try Weight Watchers online. To my surprise Pat was all on board.
We did more researching over the next few days. My biggest worry was cooking. Making family meals is really important to me, and that is something I didn't want to lose. I also didn't want to be restricted to strict recipes with ingredients I'm not familiar with.
We started this weekend on the plan. I am so happy that we decided to do this. Here are some of my observations in case you are interested.
- WW isn't really a diet. You can eat the same foods you ate before if you would like, but you are on a daily allowance of points. You calculate the point values for the foods you eat, and keep a tab of you day. I get less points than Pat, so I don't get as many treats per day as he can have but I do get plenty.
- I've been able to cook my own recipes with little to no adjustments at all.
- I'm making better food choices and purchasing healthier food. (This is a bit more expensive, but I consider it an investment in my health.)
- Pat and I have both already lost a few lb. in less than a week.
- I do not feel deprived. Most days I still have points left after dinner and can have a snack. (Lately my snack has been a slice of my Banana Bread.) Pat even has enough points to splurge on 8 double stuf oreos!
- WW is helping us learn appropriate portion size. While I can still cook the meals I did before, we may find that a portion is less than we thought it would be.
- I feel like I am doing something good for my body. And it isn't really hard, it's more just retraining my brain.
I don't have much weight to lose. My goal is 10 lb. from where I am now, but I definitely hope to stick with this plan for the long haul. I like treating my body the way it deserves. I want to be healthy for my children and for myself. While I'm still new to this program, let me know if you have any questions.