September 6, 2011

Brown Sugar and Curry Glazed Pineapple

I have a lot of things to tell you this week, but I'll post about them later.  One of them has to do changing our eating habits around our house.  It's definitely going to be an exciting journey, and so worth it.

Last night our dinner looked gorgeous on the plate.  I really wanted to take a photo, but my urge to devour the food immediately won.

However, I can share a recipe with you.  It is such an easy recipe that makes a perfect side dish.

Brown Sugar and Curry Glazed Pineapple


ingredients:
2 Tbs packed brown sugar
1 tsp regular butter at room temperature
1/2 tsp curry powder
1 can pineapple rings in juice (or you can use fresh slices of pineapple cut 1/2" thick if you have it)


Combine sugar, butter, and curry powder in a small bowl until blended.  If using canned pineapple, blot off moisture with a paper towel.  Spread the mixture on both sides of each pineapple slice.

Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat.  Add pineapple slices and cook until fragrant and browned 1-2 minutes.  Flip and cook the second side until browned about 1 minute.

Servings:  2 rings
WW points+  1

I was worried that I wouldn't have enough of the sugar mixture, but as the pineapple warms in the pan the sugars liquify and there really is plenty to coat all the slices.

This was super delicious.  We ate it with pork chops, and it is definitely something I will cook again.

Shelly

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...