October 21, 2010

9 Wonderful Years

October 16 was an anniversary of sorts for me and Pat. We don't usually do much to celebrate it, but we like to acknowledge the day each year. For me, I feel like it is a really important, life changing day. October 16, 2001, I went out on the first formal date with Pat, and we decided to become an official couple that night. I remember parts of the date well. I remember being so nervous and excited before the date. I knew I really liked him long before this date. I remember what I wore and what he wore. I remember driving to the restaurant and Pat making fun of me because I still had the wipers on after the rain had stopped. At that point I remember thinking, maybe this date isn't going to turn out so well. Looking back I think it is so typical of Pat to make a comment like that. ;) I remember chatting during dinner and feeling remarkably comfortable with him. I don't recall any awkward silences. I remember the butterflies in my stomach when he asked if I wanted to be a couple. I remember blushing and saying yes. I remember being so happy that night and excited about the future of our relationship. I never could have imagined that from that date I would end up in the wonderful place I am now. I didn't realize that one date could lead me to the past 9 years of happiness. That one day changed the course of my life. I know it sounds cheesy, but really my life started that day. In my eyes that will always be a perfect date, and I am so lucky to have spent the last 9 years with such a wonderful, loving, and generous man.

Pat sent me beautiful flowers to mark the date. :)

Maybe at some later date I can tell you the story of how we actually met.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

what a sweet, sweet story! and such pretty flowers =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...