May 5, 2010

Abbey Update, Flooding, and Other Things

Abbey's test results were delayed because of the horrible flooding down in Nashville that I'm sure you heard about. You may not have heard that Clarksville is suffering major flooding especially on our river front. In fact, school has been cancelled all week so far and is not opening tomorrow either. Here are some of the photos we took with our phones on our adventure to get dog food yesterday.
The road by Dunbar Cave State Park
Taken from the hill leading down to the River Walk. The entire road is gone and all the stores are completely flooded. Notice the van parked at the store fronts that are usually across a main road from the river.
The trees are submerged by the flooding river.
Back to Abbey, the tests came back normal. Thank goodness. I've been thinking all along that it is probably just a case of incontinence that some dogs suffer after being spayed. But for whatever reason the vet just doesn't think that is it. He is referring her to a vet down in Nashville. (Read=major bill coming) I am really hoping that we can get that done before Pat has to leave. Also, hoping that they have an answer. I will say that if they come to the conclusion that it is just incontinence, I will be very happy for Abbey's health but very frustrated with the vets in town.

Today we ran around making all sorts of doctor appointments that we are trying to fit in before Pat leaves. Among them I booked myself a dentist appointment. I absolutely abhor going to the dentist. I admit with great shame that it has been 2.5 years since I last went. I know this has led to a decline in my oral health, and the dentist is going to yell at me. At least this time I feel like I earned the reprimand I have coming. I will say that for the next few weeks I am going to be a nervous wreck about my upcoming appointment.

Another bit of news that I can share is that Pat gave me my mother's day present early so I could have it ready for our vacation. He gave me an Amazon Kindle. I love it and plan to use it a ton. One of my deployment goals is to read many books, and I think the Kindle will help me complete the goal. I'll post my deployment goals sometime soon.

Lastly, a little Stampin' Up!® news. Some great products have been added to the clearance rack. So if you are into scrapbooking or card making and are looking for a deal you should check it out. You can get to the clearance rack by clicking HERE. Check out all the Designer Series Paper packs! They are great for both scrapbooking or card making and are extremely high quality, thick papers. I personally love them all so check out Afternoon Tea, Fall Flowers, Green Tea, Petals and Paisleys, or Summer Picnic just to name a few. One last great deal to point out is the Lifelong Notes Simply Sent card kit. This kit contains everything you need to make quick and easy homemade cards and was originally priced at $42.95 and is now $16.95. And as a bonus, I still have one free gift to give away to the next online order I receive.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I hope everything is okay with Abbey! I was glad to see that Montgomery County received disaster status today. The federal money is totally needed. All of this flooding is so sad.

Erin said...

I am with you on the dentist thing. I should be ashamed of how long it has been since I have gone!

Courtney said...

Hi...
I just came across your blog though Paper Craftorium...My husband is stationed at Campbell, and from this post I am assuming yours is as well. Anyway, just wanted to say hi to a fellow Screaming Eagle!

~Courtney~

Unknown said...

Do you live in Clarksville? My youth minister in high school (many years ago!) was from there. He passed away a few years ago. My husband will most likely deploy this fall and I like the idea of having deployment goals for myself. I'll have to start working on those! Maybe I can get a Kindle to go with my goals. =) Although I am drooling over the iPad!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...