January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!  2009 has the promise to be a great year for all of us.  I'm excited to see what it brings.  

2008 was a very hectic year for our family.  Two weeks after last New Years, we PCS'd.  Pat went TDY and then came home to deploy.  2008 was AMAZING with Ryan, but it was also lonely and sad without Pat...

But to start the New Year off, I got a call from Pat this morning to let me know he's started the first leg of his journey home.  Those who have had a loved one to go to Afghanistan know that getting to and from that country is a long process because of logistics. (One stop on the trip is around Siberia, so you can only imagine the flight delays that happen there.)  It will still be about a week until Pat comes home, but it is so wonderful to have an estimated date to track.  I cannot wait to see Pat meet Ryan again.  I'm filled with all sorts of emotions as it approaches like nervous, excited, happy, anxious, etc.  

It is definitely going to be a wonderful new year for my family.  Happy New Year to you and your family!  

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Yeay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy New Year!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...