January 23, 2009

Brutal

Brutal is a good word to describe what it is like with Ryan cutting molars.  Teething has always upset Ryan a little, but this is crazy.  The past few evening have been full of tears and very little eating.  I'm so glad that Pat is around to experience this, although I will admit that these molars are a bit worse than the previous teeth he cut.  I feel so bad for my little man and wish I could take away his pain.  I don't think I've even seen Ryan this upset for this long.  

We finally had some nice weather today, which allowed us to take Ryan out back to play.  This was the first time that we've let him wander all around the back yard.  It was so cute to watch him exploring, and he really seemed like a big boy.  It was a little funny though whenever he'd stumble because he doesn't like grass and each time his hands would touch the ground he'd look shocked and bothered.     

While we are still adjusting to Pat being home, things are really falling back into place.  We still have a couple more weeks of Pat being on block leave to enjoy our family time.  I'm really looking forward to all the fun we'll have and am just so happy to be together.  

2 comments:

Robyn said...

I know exactly what you guys are going through!! Wow, a terrible time for you all! I have no advice, because you know it!

I love the new pictures on your site!! Ryan is getting too big by the way :(

Devon said...

Oh! I feel so bad for all of you! I remember this time!
I love the new photo of you guys! I think it is hilarious that Pat is in short sleeves and shorts since it got "warm" but you and Ryan are still in the appropriate wear!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...