So I've been thinking a lot about what I want in a next house. Because this is a home we plan to keep, we want it to be the RIGHT home for us. Here's a list of what I'm looking for:
- two living areas. One could be a finished basement. I just want to have a living room that can be clean and then a playroom we can live in.
- a fenced yard. This isn't a must because we can always do it ourselves, but if it's already done that is a huge plus.
- I really want to have 2 baths. Some of the locations we are looking at don't necessarily have this in the older houses.
- decent size bedrooms (3 or 4). If the boys ever end up sharing a bedroom it will have to be a good sized room for that to work. The master bedroom only has to be big enough to fit my furniture.
- MUST have 3 of the decent sized bedrooms on the same floor. I will not compromise on this. I don't want the kids on a different level.
- either a big kitchen or a separate dining area near the kitchen. Right now my kitchen isn't large and the eating area is right in the kitchen. It is closed off from the rest of the house. While I'm not too specific on what the next one must be there is a definitely feel that I'm looking for. I do not want to feel cramped.
In some of the places we may end up it seems the perfect layout for us is a raised ranch. It generally has the living room upstairs and a family room in the basement. There is also typically a dining area right next to the kitchen. So really it seems the tougher points to find will be 3 good sized bedrooms, 2 baths, and a good yard. Did I mention how much I would love to have a house near a park or playground?
What are your musts for a home? Am I forgetting to consider anything?