October 11, 2011

Frog Prince Cupcakes

I really enjoy decorating cupcakes and cakes.  I am not the best at it, but I guess that doesn't matter if you really like doing something.  One of my favorite places to find ideas for cupcakes for the kids is Disney Family.com.

I saw the cutest Frog Prince cupcakes on there and just knew I had to make them for Sean's Birthday.  You can find the directions Here.

I wanted to have frosting all over mine, so I decided blue could be the water.

Next I made the eyes.  You'll need some green gum drops.  Cut them in half.
 And you'll also need some marshmallows and chocolate chips.  Cut the marshmallows in half too.
 I found the best way to make the eyes was to stick the chocolate chip into the cut side of a marshmallow half and press down.  Then take that and push against the sticky, cut side of the gum drop.
 Repeat until you have all the eyes created.
For the mouth, place a green fruit slice onto the cupcakes.  And in case you have trouble finding fruit slices near you, I bought mine from amazon.com.
Then place the eyes you created right behind the mouth.
Now you'll need to make a crown for your frog.  You can use yellow or orange Starbursts.  Cut two small Vs out of the top.  Don't worry if the cuts aren't smooth.  You can mold the crown to make it look better.  Then take a tooth pick and push the crown onto it.
Push the crown into the cupcake just behind the eyes and you have a Frog Prince.




That's one frog I wouldn't mind kissing ;)  Enjoy!

linking up here:


Photobucket

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are SOOOO cute!!! Great job :)

bean said...

too adorable!

sstone said...

Really cute! I'm saving them for later!

The New Normal said...

Oh my...those are the cutest things ever! I love Family.com too - great site for creative ideas!

I'll Love You Forever said...

SOOO SOO CUTE!! I just love them!

Unknown said...

These look great! Real cute and I am sure delicious also.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...