October 5, 2011

Grace

During the first few weeks of school, Ryan came home with a printout of the prayer they use to say grace before snack time.  I thought it would be nice for us to use the same prayer before our family meals.  I taped the printout to the wall until I have time to craft a more permanent one.  


Ryan sometimes likes to say grace.  He demands that our hands be folded and our eyes shut.  Monday night he started the prayer, and it went something like this:

Dear God,
Thank you (mumble, mumble)
(words we couldn't understand)
(another inaudible sentence)
Amen (or as he sometimes says "the end")

Pat and I glanced at each other with giant smiles on our faces.  We are so proud of our little boy for saying grace, but also couldn't help but giggle at the fact that no one except for God was probably able to understand it.  

It's in those small moments that I find such great joy.   


Photobucket

4 comments:

The Fischer Family said...

It is great to hear your kids pray! Micah absolutely cracks us up when he does the sign of the cross! It's hilarious!

Julie Danielle said...

That is so sweet!

Kerry said...

How adorable!!

The New Normal said...

So sweet! And I love that prayer! My son said grace one night and he said "Dear God. Amen." I love prayers from little kids! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...