December 1, 2009

Anxiously waiting with my ear to the ground...

I am anxiously awaiting the Presidential Address tonight. The projected increase in troops to Afghanistan will directly affect Pat. I've been reading all of the rumored plans, but I really want to hear it from the Commander's mouth. If I go by the latest headline: Obama: 30,000 more troops to Afghanistan by Summer, then I know my husband will be leaving sooner rather than later. I was prepared for this news, but I never like to actually receive it. Next month (January 8th) marks a year home from his last deployment, so in one way we are lucky to get more than a year home. However, no amount of time feels like enough to be okay about sending your loved one back to war. I know I have no say, and it's my duty to support him. I also know that this is his job, which he loves. When things are finalized and I can share more info, I'll let you know.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...