April 10, 2008

Thanks Army

So after 4 months of being told that we are going to a certain BN, Pat gets a phone call at 10 p.m. last night. I could tell it was business related by his tone on the phone. After a while, I could tell what he was talking about. Yeah, he's no longer in the BN they told him he was going to. Really not that big of a deal, but that does mean he will be going to a different FOB over there which is not as nice, and his mission will be somewhat different which won't be as cool. But for me, this means I can go back to knowing zero people in the FRG. I wish I had known this before I went through all the hassle to get involved in the other one and attending their meetings. I hope that the new one will be having a meeting before he has to leave so that I'll feel somewhat established in the new unit. But knowing how the Army works, I'm thinking I'm on my own with this one.

However, I do have to look on one bright side. He still will be gone less than a year. For that I can thank the Army.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...