December 14, 2011

A Year Ago

A year ago today I was getting ready to pick Pat up for R & R.  I remember it being hectic and exciting.  I remember Ryan's emotional reaction.  I remember Sean getting sick that night.  I remember how great 2 weeks with my husband was after he'd been gone so long.  You can read about his arrival home HERE.

It's funny how time works.  After the summer left and we had settled back to normal, the memories of this rough deployment seem to have faded.  I appreciate that, but it also feels weird to think he hasn't even been home a year yet.

Speaking of not being home a year yet, can you guess what word is being thrown around now?  There is a formal meeting about it today for spouses.  The dreaded D is coming again.  We may be pcsing before (you never know with the Army though), but my thoughts and heart are with families that are going to be receiving this type of new so soon after getting their loved ones back and right before the holidays.

Today I will enjoy having my husband home for more than 2 weeks this holiday season.

P.S.  Thank you all so much for the kind comments on my last post.  Your support is greatly appreciated and truly means a lot to me.
Photobucket

2 comments:

The New Normal said...

Oh, the dreaded D word. I will keep you guys in my prayers! Happy that you have your hubby home this holiday! :)

Christina said...

I will be praying for you not to have to go through this again so soon. It seem that it will only get rougher if they cut the Army down in size. Are they event thinking of these soldiers. The one's who deploy multiple time? That's nuts. I hope you PCS. I say that all the time to my hubby and he says "why they will just send me no matter where I go." I guess it's true, He is an MP and is in the Army indefinite so they can do what they want with him.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...