December 17, 2011

Two Little Words

I hadn't mentioned yet that things were falling into place for our next assignment.  The stars were aligning so that Pat was going to get an awesome assignment at a location we couldn't have dreamed of actually getting.  It's NOT an exotic place that people want, but it was perfect for our family, our needs, and our future.  I didn't want to say anything for fear of jinxing it.

I shouldn't have worried about that though.  I should have known better and realized the Army has NEVER given Pat anything he wanted, and this time would be no different.

It's not the end of the world, but two little words ruined so many hopes, dreams, and possibilities.  I bet you are wondering what words, right?

STOP MOVE

The month before Pat's already scheduled change of command a stop move order is going to go into effect.  Pat will not be changing out of command.  We will not be pcsing.  We will not get any closer to family.  We are stuck here and unhappy.    

To say we are upset would be an understatement.  We had been waiting on the next part of Pat's career since he graduated the Captain's Career Course FOUR, yes you read that right, FOUR years ago.  Now we wait some more, but the sad part is the assignment that we had won't be available for us again.    

I'm sure I'll have more to share about all the effects of this in future posts.  It just feels kind of raw right now.    
Photobucket

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm so sorry about this disappointment for you.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Michelle! I know how much you wanted to be closer to family. It is ok to be upset for the loss. I hope something comes up.

Erin said...

Ugh, that stinks!

I'll Love You Forever said...

oh man! :( I am so sorry to hear that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...