December 8, 2011

Holiday Spirit

I haven't been feeling very festive this year.  I know I'll be feeling the holiday spirit more in a few weeks when I travel home.  Until then though, I seem to be missing it.  We aren't decorating for the holidays, I didn't do Christmas cards this year, and it's just kind of sad to be glossing by the holidays.

One quick way I'm finding my holiday spirit is in a warm cup of hot chocolate.  My in-laws sent some Christmas stuff for the boys.  Included in the package was a box of peppermint Peeps.  They are VERY peppermint.
So I decided it would be great to use them in hot chocolate.
 I placed a peep in the bottom of my mug.
Used my keurig to brew the hot chocolate on top the Peep.  It melts from the hot water.  And I was left with minty hot chocolate.  
If you can't find peppermint Peeps anywhere there is an alternative.  I found peppermint mini marshmallows at the grocery store.
 I brewed it the same way.  The mini marshmallows are a little less minty, but it is still a delicious and warm treat.
Enjoy!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, that looks delicious. We haven't tried the hot chocolate k-cups yet. Someone recommended the hot cider ones too. Off to the store I go...

I hope the holiday spirit hits you soon. :)

Karen

Jessica said...

great idea for the hot chocolate! thanks for sharing that :)

I hope that the holiday spirit hits you soon my friend

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...