May 11, 2011

Best and Worst

One of the best things about the past week was seeing Ryan ride his new bike.  We told him he'd get a bike when his daddy came home.  He said he wanted a spiderman bike and hat.  When we were at the store, the training wheels on the spiderman bike weren't working so well, so he insisted that instead he needed the orange bike.  We wanted to get whatever would make him happy.  As it turns out, the item that sealed the deal making him happy was a horn for the bike.  

He loves riding his bike.  He's pretty good at it too.  He enjoys riding in circles.  I am definitely one of those nervous and overprotective moms.  I find it hard to watch him ride because I am constantly holding my breath and gasping.  I dread the day when he falls and skins his knee, but for right now seeing his smile while riding is priceless.  



So if Ryan and his bike is a highlight for the week, the worst part I'm sure is going to be my Thursday morning.  I have to do something I absolutely DREAD.  I am going to the dentist.  I hate going to the dentist.  My teeth are in desperate need of a cleaning since it's been a year.  Anyone want to bet if the dentist finds a cavity or two?
This will be a visit with a new dentist.  My old dentist didn't have any appointments for me while Pat is on block leave.  I'm hoping if I go in and apologize for my dirty teeth and explain that I know I've been bad that maybe they won't be too hard on me.  We'll see :-/
Anyone else hate going to the dentist as much as I do?

post signature

2 comments:

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Cute and cool biker boy! Just wanted to stop by and check if I had in fact "followed" your blog. (I can't keep up sometimes with what I have or haven't done! haha)

Aw! hope your dental visit is a good one! :o) My older daughter is a dentist, our younger daughter will graduate and be a dentist next May and I am a dental hygienist :o) One thing that is definitely the same for the three of us is that the "not so excited" patients we see will feel better after their appointments with us.

Blessings & Aloha!
oh in fact...Back before 2004, when we lived on Ft Campbell, our three would go see Dr. Deeds (pediatric dentist) in Clarksville, TN. He is amazing!

Jessica said...

cute pictures!!

and I just remembered I need to make a dentist appt...cringe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...