September 13, 2010

3 Month Reality for Ryan

Right around the 3 month mark reality seems to be settling in with Ryan. He was fine for the first 2.5 months, and Pat's absence didn't seem to be an issue for him. Recently, however, it is clear that Ryan is missing his Daddy. Ryan has been asking about Pat a lot more. He often asks me, "Dadda home?". He now knows that Pat is "at work". Or sometimes he says "Dadda in phone" because that is the only place he knows his daddy is. I think the first couple months were easy for Ryan because he was so used to not seeing his daddy for extended periods of time between long hours at the office and field training. I think at this point though, he just doesn't know why Pat hasn't come home yet. While it is clear that he misses Pat, he's being such a trooper through it all. He really does amaze me.

I had more that I planned to write, but since Sean is down for a nap, I want to take some quality time to play outside with Ryan. I'll post more later.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

this post made me so sad for Ryan...and it's hitting so close to my heart because I am dealing with some of the same things with my little boy. Sending hugs to momma ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...