April 11, 2010

Six Month Stats and Real Simple Easy Donuts

I always post the height/weight stats from the kids well-baby visits so that I can come back and see how big they were at certain ages. Today Sean had his 6 month well-baby visit. He certainly is my big boy. He is 20 lbs 14 oz and 27.5" long.

I also wanted to share an amazing and very easy recipe I found one day while flipping through Real Simple magazine. My husband and son enjoy getting donuts once in a while, and we finally live in a town with Dunkin' Donuts! But I had some biscuits that were getting close to their code, and I had to try out this recipe. You can click HERE for the recipe link if you would like.

Ingredients: 1 package of Grands Biscuits
Cinnamon and Sugar
Vegetable Oil
Take the biscuits and cut a hole in the center using a shot glass. (I was lucky we had a tall thin glass that worked perfectly.) I am sure you could find a similar object if you do not have a shot glass.
After you've cut the centers out it should look like this.
Meanwhile, heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. You will know when the oil is hot enough by dipping one of the donut holes in. The oil will bubble around the edge of the donut when it is hot enough. Add the donuts to the oil for just over 1 minute per side. They do cook fast, so keep your eye on them. And don't worry, the inside gets cooked too.
Take the cooked donuts out and place on wire rack or paper towel lined plate to drain off the excess oil. Then roll the donuts in a bowl of cinnamon sugar.
Enjoy your donuts. If you have company, let them think you slaved away though ;)

3 comments:

Dawnll said...

Oh I use to love to make these for the kids. They loved "sugared" them so much.LOL
Yes your little guy isn't very little, looks extremely healthy...
Hugz sweetie!

Christine said...

I totally just bookmarked these even though it's a BAD idea. :)

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

Stopping by from the blog party, and I totally remember my dad making these exact same donuts for us growing up. Oh, that makes me want to make donuts...oh, it might be evil in here today! LOL

Hope your party is a great time for you and you get a chance to meet a lot of fabulous bloggers. Please stop by and say hi when you get the chance! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...