May 18, 2009

5 Years

Last week Pat asked me if I would bake a cake.  I agreed but had to ask why.  He doesn't usually make such requests.  He said he wanted to celebrate his official 5 years in the Army.  It's already been 5 years since he Commissioned and started active duty.  It's almost been 5 years since we got married.  I cannot believe how the time has passed.  It's been filled with tears, sadness, laughter, and joy.  We had our cake that night, but never really made mention of the significance of that day.  While I am very proud of Pat, I'd be proud of him no matter what he was doing.  

Speaking of 5 years, as I said our anniversary is coming up and I have no ideas what to buy Pat for that.  I want to make it something good, but I know neither of us want to spend a lot of money.  I had better start thinking...

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Same with us!! I have NO clue! I also want to do something special for his 5 year mark, but I don't know what...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...