July 1, 2008

Random Deployment Thoughts

I've always been somewhat of a homebody.  I think it has become extreme now that we are in a new place, and I know no one.  I could probably be classified as a hermit.  Other than the cashiers at the grocery stores Ryan and I don't see people.  Since Pat left I think I could count on one hand the number of times I've had face to face contact with people for longer than 2 minutes.  Is this detrimental to our personal development?  I don't know.  I've put in effort to meet people, but it just seems that being alone is what we do and how we end up.  Instead of thinking of it as lonely with no friends, I look at it as a ton of quality time devoted directly at my son and our dogs.  We laugh a lot and play all day.  So while it isn't quite normal, we are making it work just fine.  I am also very lucky to have a great support system that is only a phone call away.  

I am kind of sad that Pat hasn't really had the chance to enjoy the life we've made here at our new home.  Right after we moved here, Pat went TDY.  He returned and signed into his unit, and then it was preparing for the deployment.  We used the two months we had to get settled and do all the business (like registering cars, etc.) that we needed to get done before he left. There wasn't time to just relax and enjoy the life we had.  Pat is missing out on the everyday joys like throwing the ball outback for Abbey or sitting on the living room floor playing with Ryan.  I really look forward to the everyday routine when Pat returns.  There are so many things that I want to share with him again:  eating dinner, giving Ryan his bath, and playing with Ryan and the dogs.  There is a lot to look forward to, but still a lot of waiting before that time comes.    

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...