March 9, 2008

Weekend of Snow

Thursday night before going to bed I watched the weather as I was folding laundry. I was surprised as they were talking about the possibility of us getting 5+ inches of snow. I figured they'd be wrong, and if I had my hopes up I'd be disappointed. Friday came and it started to snow mid morning. The storm wasn't supposed to start until late afternoon/evening. Clarksville schools decided to close early at noon. Pat's family was flying in that evening. They did make it in and got to our house safely. Around 7 p.m. the snow really picked up. Abbey didn't know what to make of the snow at first, but once she went outside she loved it. Bailey did not like going out in the cold and Sammy refused. We went to bed that night and woke up to a winter wonderland. It was so great to get a real snow storm. We got right around what they were predicting, and it was great. That afternoon while the sun was out and starting to warm everything up, I thought it would be fun to build a snowman. I went out and started to build, but I almost gave up since I wasn't very good at making a snowman. Pat encouraged me to finish, so I did. It was such a cute snowman, and I'm so glad that I made him. As soon as Abbey and Bailey came outside to see it they were scared. They howled and barked at that stranger in their back yard. I couldn't help but laugh at them. After I told them it was okay they slowly approached it. Finally Abbey ate the snowman's carrot nose. Sammy soon came out and peed on the snowman. Overall, this was the highlight of my weekend.
Today the snow was almost completely gone. We celebrated Pat's birthday. Although to be honest, we didn't celebrate much. My gift to him was still in the mail so I could only show him the order confirmation. His family left midday, and they didn't have gifts for him. Our lunch was problematic. Poor Pat probably didn't have too much fun for a birthday. At least he had a great cake though.
So now another weekend has flown by. We were really busy with the visitors. My house is now a mess. I think Pat and I need to find some time to relax together before he goes away.
Here is a picture of my weekend snowman.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

I LOVE IT!!! Can you send some snow our way? Our little splatter melted in 30 minutes........

I'm going to try to call you tomorrow on my way to my doctor appointment in hopefully my new van!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...