January 17, 2012

Where is the coffee?

If I were not pregnant right now, "where is the coffee?" would be my first thought each morning.  The boys moving into one room has been worse than I anticipated.  I thought Ryan would be the more difficult of the two because the first two nights you could hear him yelling "wake up" to his little brother each time he fell asleep.

But alas, they're both proving equally difficult.  Ryan was pretty good about bedtime in his own room.  Right before we moved them together he started to have some difficulty because he didn't want to be alone.  I thought the move would be a solution.

I also thought it might help solve Sean's need for me to sleep with him.  I figured if he and his brother were in the same room they could fall asleep without me.

Well, nothing is solved.  We now have two boys crying out for Momma each night.  It takes me a minimum of 1.5 hours to get them quiet and go to sleep.  This is not working for me and they are so overtired at this point.

Tonight I'm ready to play hardball.  Bedtime will start at 7:30.  We must get on a routine that works for all of us, and I'd like to find that routine FAST!!!!!

If anyone has some secrets that have worked in their house, I'd love to hear them ;)

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I don't know if it's just coincidence or what but we got glow in the dark stars for my kids room and from that night until now they have been SO good about going quickly to sleep. No other lights, just the stars. I think that it's the right amount of light to give them something to look at but not too much to keep them awake.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...