May 6, 2008

Sigh of Relief

So as you can tell by the previous post my confidence is at times shaky. I'm new at this whole Mom thing, although with my first I think every new phase will make me feel new at it. Not only is it new to me, but I'm now doing it alone. For a couple of days following Pat leaving Ryan got really fussy. I'm still not sure what the cause of this mood change was, but he was very needy and cranky. He wouldn't let me put him down, not even for a minute. Since I was already lacking confidence, I was beginning to think I really was an awful mother. I was afraid that I'd have this unhappy child who won't let me put him down at all for a year, and I'd have to do everything by myself. I was left wondering where my sweet, happy little boy went. Thankfully whatever was bothering Ryan is now over. I have my happy little baby back. Ryan gives me so much enjoyment everyday and is full of smiles and laughs. He and I are having quite a bit of fun and are making lots of videos to send his Daddy. His mood change was like night to day and I can let out a sigh of relief. I'll have to keep this in mind as a lesson learned though, and when the next tough time comes I can tell myself, "this too shall pass."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...