November 30, 2008

My Accomplishment (TMI for some!)

Yesterday on the phone, Pat told me I should be proud because I accomplished a big goal I had.  Some people may find this to be normal and not anything special, but I feel like I did accomplish a hard task that I had set my mind to.  I breast fed my baby a whole year without EVER using any formula.  For those of you who have done the same, I applaud you because I know how difficult it can be.  For those currently breast feeding, I encourage you to stick with it if it is what you want.  It can be difficult at certain times, but persistence pays off.  I know that there were many times that I was worried I wouldn't be able to make it to a year.  I tend to stress myself out over certain things and need Pat to talk me back down.  Throughout this year he was very supportive of the whole process too, and for that I thank him.    
I'm a little torn about weaning.  I think my body is ready to be done, but emotionally I'm not sure I'm ready.  I'd like to try to wait until Pat is home to completely wean, but I don't know that we'll make it.  Either way, I guess I'm proud that I did a year and any extra time is just a bonus accomplishment.  

2 comments:

Robyn said...

That is truly amazing...I only lasted 4 months and that was pumping. I don't know what I will do with the next one whenever he/she comes along. That is a true accomplishment!!

Unknown said...

I know what you mean about emotionally being done. With Maddie eating solids and only nursing a few times throughout the day I sometimes miss how she used to need me so much. I can only imagine how it'll be when she's all done.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...