March 26, 2013

Stop The Coughing

One of the worst things as a mom is listening to your child suffering and not being able to do anything to help him.  

Every time Ryan gets a cold it is ALWAYS accompanied by a terrible, dry, and unproductive cough.  It has been this way with him for as long as I can remember.  We've tried everything to help him--children's cough and cold, teaspoons of honey, nasal spray for post nasal drip, allergy medications, sleeping with a cup of water, you name it we've probably tried it.  We've also brought the issue up to doctor after doctor and we get no answers at all.  

I just feel so awful for my little boy.  The poor child coughs all night long and inevitably when there is a cold/cough plaguing him it means he will come to my bed at 5 a.m. every morning and wake the rest of us up.  I cannot blame him though; the poor boy just wants some comfort and relief.  

The amazing thing about Ryan though is no matter how little sleep he gets or how much coughing he does, he's always full of life.  Nothing can hold that boy down.  I don't think I know anyone with a bigger personality.  

I just wish motherhood came with the super power to cure ailments.  

And on that note, I must leave you with the joke my Dad would tell me about all this:

A funeral procession is going up a steep hill on main street when the door of the hearse flies open and the coffin falls out then speeds down main street into a pharmacy and crashes into the counter. The lids pops open and the deceased says to the astonished pharmacist, "You got anything to stop this coffin ?"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...