March 13, 2013

WIWW Polka Dot Casuals

I'm on my second week of the challenge from Frumps to Pumps that I posted about last week.  For the most part I've kept it up.  This week is hard because my husband is away, so there are days when I really don't see anyone but my kids.  Since I want to put in effort but also be comfortable hanging around the house, I'm trying to focus on put together, casual looks.  It just so happens that right now that is a lot of polka dots.  I love polka dots though.  

I fell in love with this shirt as soon as I saw it in Target.  By the time I decided to splurge and buy it, my store didn't have my size.  Thank goodness I live near two targets.  A quick trip to the other target and this shirt was mine!  I had been really wanting a pair of converse sneakers, and target had some.  Thankfully on WIWW a few weeks ago someone told me that they were being put on clearance.  I stalked, and I scored.  I guess this outfit shows persistence with Target can pay off.  These two items have been sitting in my closet a while waiting for a warm day without snow.  I was pretty happy to get to wear them this week.


The other day we had some snow.  When it's raining or snowy, I feel like I have to keep it casual.  I don't want to ruin any cute shoes with the water or drag the cuffs of pants in the mud.  I used this as an excuse to get one more wear out of my snow boots this season.  


I am definitely getting ready for spring, but I have a feeling that it may still be a while away.  I'm not used to living in New England again yet.  I can't wait to see what spring does bring though....when it finally does get here.  

pleated poppy

1 comment:

andthenwelaughed said...

I'm a sucker for anything with stripes or polka dots. Great shirts!

Karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...