February 6, 2013

WIWW Sweater Dress

Sunday I went to a wake for a neighbor from my parents neighborhood.  I spent my first 22 years calling that neighborhood home, so I wanted to show my support for the family left behind.

I kept wondering what I was going to pull from my closet to wear.  My closet is a little bare beyond the normal casual and comfy clothes.  I had the intention of grabbing some black dress pants, but then I saw a charcoal sweater dress that has been sitting in my closet unworn for 2 years.  I paired the sweater dress and some leggings with boots.

I have to say I wasn't so comfortable with such a tight fitting outfit.  It shows all the parts of my body that need work.  And hello nursing chest that is much larger than I thought.  I won't miss that when we are done nursing this summer.

Sweater Dress--Loft (old)
Leggings--Old Navy
Boots--Bass (old) 
And since I was a bit self conscious about the outfit, I figured I would redirect your focus to my cutie pie to end this post.  

Happy Wednesday!
pleated poppy


8 comments:

The Fischer Family said...

I love this Shelly! I love sweater dresses, especially paired with boots! Your fashion posts have been inspiring me to get out of my uber-comfy clothes and start dressing nicer, even when I have nowhere to go. But I need to start taking some pictures because I have no proof! lol

Traci Little said...

cute! I also love your blog header! What fonts are those? Thanks.



http://www.ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com/2013/02/what-i-wore-wednesday-via-pleated-poppy.html

Kate@StillRoomToGrow said...

this is super cute! I found you via the pleated poppy and am your newest follower via GFC. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Alison @ Get Your Pretty On said...

Super cute and comfy look! Layering the leggings was a great idea.

Elizabeth Trull said...

This outfit is super cute! I love the idea of pairing leggings with a dress in the winter since it gets so cold around here.

dedivahdeals.com said...

Very nice and you could have wrapped a scarf around your neck but it's looked cute the way you wore it.

Kerry said...

That is such a cute picture of you and your daughter Shelly!! And I love the outfit, I think you look great and I do not know what parts of your body you aren't happy with!!! You totally rock that outfit :)

Rachel said...

You look really good in that dress, but I know what you mean about feeling self-concious in sweater dresses! I prefer dresses in more of a stiff cotton, something not quite so clingy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...