January 2, 2013

WIWW: The Rest of December

I mentioned a while ago that I wanted to put more effort into getting myself dressed and ready to face the day.  I am not aspiring to be a fashionista, but rather a mom that looks put together and not as frazzled as I probably feel most days.  Here are some of my outfits from the past two weeks, and there are actually quite a few of them...imagine that!  Maybe I'm starting to get my act together.

Here they are:
Scarves are currently my favorite accessory.  I got this one from Lands' End for my birthday last month.  And the gold shoes are from Target last year.  I love metallic flats.  They are so versatile.
Excuse the wet hair.  This was an outfit I threw on for an impromptu trip to the pediatrician one morning.  Ryan's allergies were flaring up.  Allergies are so difficult to control it seems.  Notice my gold shoes again.
This was my attempt at shopping my closet.  The ruffle cardigan is from LOFT a few years ago.  The scarf I got at the end of the summer.  Boots were from last year.  Not my favorite outfit this week, but I wore it with confidence.  
 A cardigan, jeans, and flats should be my mom uniform.  Again wearing my gold flats.  Cardigan was on clearance at Target a few weeks ago.
I've been dying to have a chambray shirt after seeing how versatile they can be for everyone else.  So I ran out and purchased this shirt at Target.  Until recently I had never really shopped for clothes at Target, but so far I've been finding some cute things there.  I still need to try to work the shirt into outfits more though.  
Probably my favorite new scarf.  I love the floral print on white.  Scarf from The Pleated Poppy.  I've actually gotten a lot of wear out of these patent nude ruffled flats from Target.  I saw them last year on a mom fashion blogger's page and really loved how they looked.  The only downside to them is with the pronounced ruffle, it is hard to sit on your feet when playing on the floor with the kids, but they look so cute!
Oh look, another cardigan, jeans, and flats combo.  Blush colored scarf is also from The Pleated Poppy.  Cardigan is old and from Gap.  Tank is last year from Old Navy.  
 Here is a casual look for a Holiday get together I went to.  I wanted something comfortable for the long ride in the car.  Shirt is Lands' End.  Pants are old from Old Navy.  And again I wore those gold flats.
My last outfit is just a thrown together casual one to run errands.  Pink stripe turtleneck from Lands' End.  It goes well with the nude ruffled flats.  
And sharing all these photos wouldn't be complete without showing you some of the times my sessions were photo-bombed.  Yes, he wears his spiderman costume A LOT!!!!    

Linking up with The Pleated Poppy.  

pleated poppy



1 comment:

Jenn said...

I love ALL of your outfits! You are so cute and skinny! I wish I could dress it up enough here to wear jeans and cardigans every day but my "dressed up" look right now is leggings, sweaters, and boots. My hope is that the boots and sweater hide the fact that I'm basically wearing loungewear out of the house. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...