December 19, 2012

WIWW: fifty shades of grey

I'm linking up again with Lindsey at The Pleated Poppy for WIWW.  This week there seemed to be a common thread in my outfits:  the color grey.



This cardigan might be my new favorite.  It's described as French Terry, but the best description I can give it is a cotton jersey type of sweatshirt material with a bit of stretch.  I love drape cardigans.  They make me feel like I'm still in my bathrobe, but I look better.  You can find the one I'm wearing here.
My pants are Gap Trouser jeans from a few years ago, and I just LOVE them.

I got these flats from Target last year.  The picture is kind of dark, but there is a cute ruffle detail.  I love flats, and you can get inexpensive and cute ones at target.



I wore this outfit on our trip to Edaville Railroad.  It was warm and comfortable and perfect for looking at Christmas lights on a winter night.



So this may be a bit of a stretch when I say I got dressed, but I put on clothes so that should count, right?  The thing is I love wearing boots in the winter, but to do so, you need skinny pants.  All my jeans were being washed, so that leaves the corduroy leggings.  If I wear leggings I need a shirt long enough to cover my bum.  So this oversized sweatshirt was all I had. It was a really comfy outfit though.  And you can find the boots that I am wearing in the two above outfits here.  

I feel like I'm doing a bit better at putting in effort.  This week I have three outfits, which is one more than last week.  Most importantly, I'm having fun getting dressed and feeling better about myself so that is a good thing.  

pleated poppy



3 comments:

kendra kay said...

grey is my favorite- it just works with everything right?? i found you via wiww-so fun to hop around and visit new blogs. i love your motto by the way! :)
come visit me if you have time, so happy to be your newest follower! www.kendrakaypahukoa.blogspot.com
have a great week!

Danielle Wojcik said...

That gray sweater looks comfortable!

Also, I just need to say that I LOVE your curtains. :)

-Danielle
http://littlebitofwowe.blogspot.com

Franziska said...

I think it totally counts. I think #1 is my favorite - it looks so comfortable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...